Wednesday, October 31, 2012

ONE DAY I WILL BOX WITH PACQUIAO AND MAYWEATHER


Lose against Molina and dream of Pacquiao  or Mayweather fight is over, admits Khan


convincing win in his comeback against unbeaten Carlos Molina next month or kiss goodbye to any chance of super-fights against the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.
Khan's career has lurched dangerously off course in the past 11 months, with his deeply controversial points defeat to Lamont Peterson last December followed by a crushing fourth round knockout loss against Danny Garcia in July.
Those twin setbacks have left Khan with no margin for error as he prepares to face Molina in the American’s backyard at the Los Angeles Sports Arena on December 15.
Comeback: Amir Khan (second left) fights Carlos Molina (second right) on December 15
Comeback: Amir Khan (second left) fights Carlos Molina (second right) on December 15
Fighting talk: Khan speaks during a media conference for his upcoming fight
Fighting talk: Khan speaks in Los Angeles on Wednesday during a media conference for his upcoming fight
'There’s always pressure when I fight but I definitely have to win this because if I lose, I’m done,' Khan said. 'This is a fight I need to win, 100 per cent. If I don’t win it I’m done. It’s that simple. The big super-fights I’ve always dreamed about won’t be there if I lose this. Pacquiao, Mayweather -- forget it' 
In an attempt to revitalize his fortunes, Khan took the bold step of ditching revered trainer Freddie Roach in favour of the quietly-spoken San Francisco-based Virgil Hunter.
The 25-year-old Bolton light welterweight has been in camp at Hunter’s gym in Oakland and is reveling in the austere surroundings, where Hunter’s house rules a ban on swearing.
'It’s a very tight community in that gym. You need to have people there you trust. Virgil keeps it very limited and that’s what I like about it,' Khan said. 'You’re not bothered about who’s watching, you’re not training for a crowd, or fans.'
A whole lot of glove: Molina signs autographs at the Los Angeles Sports Arena on Wednesday
A whole lot of glove: Local boy Molina signs autographs at the Los Angeles Sports Arena
Khan was forced into an impromptu sparring session in early October when a gang of thugs attempted to steal a Ranger Rover he had been driving with his brother in Birmingham. 
The confrontation ended abruptly with one of the would-be thieves being knocked out cold by Khan.
'I walked out of this café and I opened the car door and these guys jumped in the car ahead of me and said "This ain’t your car mate,"' Khan said.
'It was a courtesy car I’d be given so at first I did a double take and thought, "Maybe it’s not my car". Then I saw something in the back seat that I’d put there and I knew it was my car. Then the guys started saying – "We’re not getting out the car. You’re going to have to buy it off us". I had the car keys so I wasn’t too worried. I thought it was a joke. But then it got a bit serious and one guy came out aggressively and said "What are going to do?" And he jabbed me in the face. It wasn’t hard. He barely scratched me really. He tried to swing again and I knocked him out. 
Golden Boy: Fight promoter Oscar De La Hoya builds up the light welterweight fight
Golden Boy: Fight promoter Oscar De La Hoya builds up the light welterweight fight
'I hated it to be honest with you. I never fight outside the ring. We’re born fighters, we’re taught how to fight. 
'So when someone tries to fight you they’re making a big mistake. That’s when it got messy because they came out with baseball bats and sticks and smashed the rear window. They must have been drunk or high or something.'
Meanwhile Khan, who is engaged to New York student Faryal Makhdoom, has shrugged off revelations about his private life after allegations in The Sun he had been partying hard with other women in Marbella in August.
Khan insisted his fiancée trusted him.
The wrong man to mess with: Khan revealed how he was forced to fight off a gang who tried to steal his car
The wrong man to mess with: Khan revealed how he was forced to fight off a gang who tried to steal his car

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! whats up! we are happy to attend that lever we need your help by contribute with idea and other things. thank you

Featured Post

RDC-Election : élections en 2017 ou sanctions de l’UE

Comme annoncé il y a quelques jours, les ministres des Affaires Etrangères des 28 Etats membres de l’UE (Union Européenne) s...