Saturday, August 18, 2012

Amir KHAN MUST .


Amir Khan admits complacency as Danny Garcia defeats him in fourth round in Las Vegas

Amir Khan
Danny Garcia stopped WBA titleholder and heavy favorite Amir Khan in the fourth round on Saturday to stay undefeated and add another super lightweight belt to his collection.
Khan bruised Garcia early in the bout, opening a small cut above his eye. But Garcia turned the fight around in the third round, sending the 2004 Olympic silver medalist from Britain to the canvas with a left hook.
At the start of the fourth, Garcia swarmed Khan with power punches, knocking him down twice quickly. Khan got back to his feet each time, but the referee ended the bout at 2:28 of the round.
"I always knew I would win this fight," Garcia said.
"I needed a great fighter in front of me to show how great a fighter I am. Now everyone knows."
The American now has the WBA title to go along with his WBC one. He improved his record to 24-0 with 15 knockouts while Khan fell to 26-3 with 18 KO‹s.
"It wasn't my night," Khan said. "I was coming in with my hands down and Danny took advantage of that. He countered very well against me."
Khan was taken to hospital for precautionary scans after the devastating loss, which was his second in succession after Lamont Peterson's tainted win over him last December.
Khan said: "After watching the replays a little bit I thought I was coming in with my hands down and Danny took advantage.
"I respect Danny, he was countering very well against me."
Khan, now 26-3 with 18 early wins and two stoppage defeats, hinted he may have taken Garcia lightly. His tactics backed that up as he tore at his opponent from the opening bell before becoming embroiled in a war which he lost spectacularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! whats up! we are happy to attend that lever we need your help by contribute with idea and other things. thank you

Featured Post

RDC-Election : élections en 2017 ou sanctions de l’UE

Comme annoncé il y a quelques jours, les ministres des Affaires Etrangères des 28 Etats membres de l’UE (Union Européenne) s...